GAT STEM is a selective program that supports UIC transfer students who excel in science and mathematics. Students interested in pursuing undergraduate and graduate education in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) are encouraged to consider this program in addition to the Guaranteed Admissions Transfer program.
For students who interested in conducting research and pursuing a PhD or MD/PhD, who want to become a scientists or engineers the GAT STEM program is designed to enhance the experience of those majoring in biochemistry, biological sciences, chemistry, computer sciences, earth & environmental sciences, engineering, mathematics, neuroscience, and physics.
The main components of the GAT STEM Initiative:
- A summer research experience (STEM Co-Lab)
- Faculty led STEM seminars and discussions
- Academic advising and support promoting academic excellence, leadership and professional development
- Research and internship opportunities
- Graduate and professional school preparation
- Gain hands-on scientific research experience
- Build a professional network system
- Learn how to study effectively in a STEM discipline
- Access to select UIC facilities as a participant in GAT
- Apply to be considered for the GAT STEM program no later than the 2nd week in the fall of your sophomore year, if you are:
- Planning to enroll at UIC in your junior year
- A participant in the Guaranteed Admissions Transfer (GAT) Program
- Pursuing an undergraduate STEM degree at UIC
- Entering UIC with a qualifying GPA of 3.25 in your science and mathematics courses
For more information contact the UIC GAT at email@example.com .