UIC Star Scholarship Program
STAR Scholars who participate in the GAT program while at the City Colleges will also be considered for a scholarship of $2,500.00 per year for up to 2 years (a total of $5,000) at UIC at the time of admission.
To qualify for the UIC Star Scholarship you must:
- Choose a major at UIC that participates in the Guaranteed Admissions Transfer Program
- Complete the online GAT Participation form by your second week of your second year of enrollment at CCC (preferably as soon as you begin classes at CCC or within your first two semesters)
- Meet with the Coordinator of the GAT program at least one time
- Attend the UIC GAT Orientation
- Maintain a 3.0 transfer gpa through your entire time at CCC
- Complete the UIC Application when instructed (early deadline Feb. 1)
- If you are admitted through the GAT program you are automatically considered for the Star scholarship upon admission. No additional forms or applications are required for this scholarship.
This scholarship is only available to students who are admitted to UIC through the Guaranteed Admissions Program so be sure to sign up as soon as possible after enrolling in classes at CCC.
To receive the Star Scholarship students must either complete the FAFSA or Illinois RISE Act application