Guaranteed Admissions Transfer
A partnership between City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) and the University of Illinois at Chicago to support Chicago’s students. The GAT Program offers guaranteed admission into nine specific colleges within UIC for students currently enrolled in classes at City Colleges of Chicago (College of Applied Health Sciences, Architecture, Design and the Arts, Business, Education, Engineering, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Public Health, RN to BSN Online Nursing, Urban Planning and Public Affairs).
Eligibility for GAT
- Apply to GAT by September 15th the year before you plan to enter UIC
- Are strongly encouraged to graduate from City Colleges of Chicago with your AA or AS degree
- Earn and maintain a required 3.0 GPA, while at City Colleges of Chicago and have no previous college coursework
- Meet with your City Colleges of Chicago Transfer Director or academic advisor regularly
- Attend information sessions and receptions conducted by City Colleges of Chicago and UIC representatives
- Meet all UIC application deadlines
- Must be enrolled full-time for two consecutive years in one of the seven City Colleges of Chicago and have no previous college coursework
- GAT students can only enter UIC during the Fall semester
- Must also have an overall transfer GPA of 3.0, at the time of application to UIC
- Participate in GAT Cohort activities at both City Colleges of Chicago and UIC
- Create a transferology.com account
- Sign in or create a free account
- Enter the courses you have taken or plan to take
- Click "Search for Matches" to see how other schools will accept your coursework
- Click the green "% Match" box to view results for schools of interest
- Request information
- Use "Apply Courses to a Program" or view "School Programs"
Involvement with GAT
3 Simple steps to get involved
Required questions are identified with an asterisk (*).
Find my GAT Advisor
To find out if you qualify for the GAT program please contact your community college advisor or transfer director. Do you need help finding your transfer director? Not a problem, use the GAT representative directory below by selecting your community college.
Contact UIC GAT Staff
If you are in need of further assistance, don’t worry, you can contact UIC GAT staff at by filling out the form on this page or calling 312-355-0564 between 9am - 5pm (CST/CDT). While you wait for a response be sure to check out the frequently asked questions page for answers to commonly asked question about UIC GAT.